“The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
On this show I like to bring you the real mindset masters, and today we’ve got an absolute superstar, Marcus Smith, who’s been through more wars than most.
Marcus is an entrepreneur, an extreme athlete, and a performance coach. Based in Dubai, he’s the founder of InnerFight, which helps everyone – from kids to corporate clients – unlock their peak performance, as well as owner of Smith St Paleo, which provides paleo food offerings to help people make better nutrition decisions.
Marcus is fit, and I mean FIT. At age 18, he started playing professional rugby, making it to the 2009 Rugby Sevens World Cup. Since then, he’s completed pretty much anything with “ultra” in its name, including:
- The Marathon des Sables, a six-day ultramarathon through the Sahara Desert known as “the toughest foot race on Earth”;
- A 230km (143 mile) self-supported ultramarathon across Kenya; and
- A footrace on the Auvergne volcanoes in France.
In February 2018, while training to set a world record in ultra-cycling, Marcus was hit by a truck, with the impact smashing him into a brick wall. But he stared death right in the face and said, “Not today.” Rather than focus on what he lost, Marcus decided to create a documentary ‘Fight for Every Breath’ where he details his experience and his journey back to full health.
Just nine months after the accident, Marcus completed not one, not two, but 30 MARATHONS … IN 30 DAYS!
In this episode, we’re going to talk with Marcus about:
- The secrets to his extraordinary self-discipline
- The accident that almost killed him (and how he came to terms with his trauma)
- The darkest moments of his recovery
- What you can do for supreme motivation each day; and
- How to inspire unwavering self-discipline in others.
Strap yourself in. Let’s WIN THE DAY with Marcus Smith!
🎞️ For the video interview, click here.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
📝 Marcus Smith Facebook.
📷 Marcus Smith Instagram.
⚡ Marcus Smith website.
😋 Smith St Paleo in Dubai.
🏃 50 Marathons 50 Days: The secrets to super endurance by Dean Karnazes.
👶 Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall.
🎙️ We Are Members: Learn how to create a thriving business from your podcast.