“Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.”
Prior to moving to the US in 2012, I spent more than a decade in financial planning in my home country, Australia, and there are so many lessons from that time that I’ll never forget, such as:
- First, most people are extremely disengaged from their financial present, which completely neutralizes their opportunities for a successful financial future;
- Second, just because someone has a high-paying job, it doesn't mean they make smart financial decisions. I can’t tell you how money people I’ve spoken with who are broke on paper despite having six figure (or better) salaries; and
- Third, that financial literacy is absolutely vital to any type of holistic and sustained success.
But you know me well enough to know that I'd never introduce a problem without offering a solution 😉
Enter one of the world’s foremost financial literacy activists, Adam Carroll. Adam has spent 15+ years helping people do more with the money they make. He is an internationally recognized financial literacy expert, a three-time bestselling author, host of the Build a Bigger Life podcast, and a two-time TED Talk speaker with more than 10 million views online.
He is also the creator of the documentary Broke, Busted and Disgusted, which aired on CNBC and is shown in hundreds of high schools and colleges across the country.
In this episode, we’re going to be talking about how you can achieve financial freedom. We'll also go through:
- How parents set their kids up for financial failure;
- How to get out of debt, no matter what age you are;
- What you can to do to raise strong children in the digital world; and
- How a simple (and I mean simple) action got Adam the opportunity that completely transformed his life and career.
Adam is an extremely accomplished entrepreneur and there are some phenomenal takeaways in this one. Get the notepad ready!
For the video interview, click here.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
👨👨👧👧 Adam Carroll’s TED Talk ‘What Playing Monopoly with Real Money Taught Me About My Kids — and Humanity’
📝 Adam Carroll on Facebook
⚡ Adam Carroll on Twitter
💻 Adam Carroll website
🧭 The Shred Method: How to get out of debt
🚀 Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
🗝️ How to Become a Financial Winner
💰 A Happy Pocket Full of Money by David Cameron Gikandi
🎙️ We Are Members: Create a thriving business from your podcast